Tomato soup was one of my favorite dishes growing up.
When I came home from school I used to make the pre pack version in the micro. Luckily today I have a Thermomix, which helps making soup easy peasy and I can enjoy the nutritional values of real veggies instead of the pre made packs. But even if you don’t have one of those you can still make a delicious soup with a hand mixer. So let’s make Tomato soup à la Kris, shall we?
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 X 400g tins of tomatoes/ or equal amount of fresh tomatoes
- 3 tbs liquid Chicken stock
- 3 dl of water
- Salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Start by dicing your onion and garlic, then add it to a kettle with some olive oil on medium high heat.
- Stir until the onion becomes soft and transparent. Now add in the tomato paste and sun-dried tomatoes and keep stirring for one more minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and leave to simmer for 20 min, then run it all smooth with a hand blender.
- Now it's time to taste the soup and add some salt and more chicken stock if you need to.
- You can serve the soup as it is now, but I usually prefer to run it through a strainer.
- Finally, add some pepper to taste right before serving.