This is a recipe that will buy you some time. The overnight sweet dough version is definitely worth trying, however, one will not be able to plan for this every time. So for this recipe, the amount of fluid, or milk, in this case, is 50% only. Now from other recipes, you may have noticed that I like to aim at around 66% however, in this recipe, there is also one egg and some butter, which all contribute to a juicy result.
- 1000 g wheat flour
- 500 g milk (cold)
- 1 egg
- 150 g sugar
- 10 g salt
- 50 g fresh yeast or equivalent dry
- 150 g butter room tempered and diced
- Now drop all the ingredients of the dough into the Mixer, except the butter, and start rolling.
- Lett the machine knead it for 12 minutes (remember to use your stopwatch).
- Then grab your butter and add it while the mixer is running on low speed. Make sure to add small chunks at the time so the dough doesn't "delaminate". When all the butter is added let the dough mix until you reach a total mixing time of 20 min.
- Now let it rise for one and a half hours, covered with plastic.
- Bom! you're now ready to bake! Try the pull apart cinnamon bread.