What is Salmon in a Hammock? Well in this recipe I’m going to show you exactly how to make this dish with the funny name. But to make this dish you are going to need some other pre-made recipes that we have here on good.cooking. You will need both pesto and hummus. Also, try to get your hands on some pearl potatoes. These are worth the extra effort.
Salmon in a hammock is a great dish to make for many people and if you are having a party this could be a great option for you. But if you are going to make this for several people I would advise you to work a bit systematically. Make sure that you have everything ready and within range before you start plating this dish.
Salmon in a hammock
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- Start by cutting your salmon into large bite sized pices, I usualy go for 3 x 3 cm cubes.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice
- Boil potatoes
- Strain, and let the water evaporate
- Add pesto and stir lightly, to cover the potatoes
- Heat 4 plates in your oven on lowest possible heat (should be able to handle without mittens)
- Get your pesto, potatoes hummus and tzatziki ready and placed within reach of where you are going to plate the dish
- Heat up a frying pan with some Olive oil and fry the salmon cubes on two sides. Use high heat so you get a crisp surface and a slightly raw core. transfer to a dish with paper when done
- Now start by making a stripe of tzatziki on your dish (this is the hammock) and place tree cubes of salmon on top of it
- Add a couple of potatoes in between and place a small piece of pesto on top of each salmon cube
- Create a ball-shaped piece of hummus and add to the side, sprinkle a bit of paprika powder over it
- Decorate with some grated lemon zest, spices olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Make sure your guests are ready and serve fast!