Pasta carbonara is an amazing dish, it is not so often one finds dishes like this that is so tasty with so few ingredients. I mean the pasta is just flour and egg, and the sauce is yolks and parmesan. well ok, there are more ingredients in this dish, but it sure has a focus on egg and flour, and man does it taste great. Now I would definitely advise you to try this dish together with homemade pasta, it brings it to a new level. But if you don’t have time to make the pasta then you can also use store-bought pasta. I can already promise you, this dish is going to be a hit!
- 1 portion homemade pasta dough
- 5 egg yolks
- 50 g of parmasan
- 50 g panchetta or bacon
- 1 clove of garlic
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- start getting your pasta boiling water ready.
- mix egg yolks with grated parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- ad a teaspoon salt and half a teaspoon of pepper.
- fry up some olive oil and add the clove of garlic.
- Finely dice the pancetta into small rectangular pieces.
- remove the clove of garlic and add the pancetta.
- Fry until slightly crisp.
- Boil the pasta.
- Add some pasta water to the pancetta inside the pan
- Strain the pasta and add to the pan.
- pour over the egg yolks and parmesan and mix well.
- add more pasta water as needed.
- serve on dishes with grated parmesan, virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.