The overnight sweet dough recipe gives you a perfect starting point for so many recipes and it will serve as the basis for many of the ones I will post on this blog. Now for it to be easier for you to handle I have adjusted the flour to fluid ratio down to 66%. I usually find that this is good ratio with the flour I’m using. The dough will not stick too much to the counter while handling it, and at the same time be fairly juicy. However, if you do want to give the higher water percentage a chance, go for it! And with this recipe it is easy. Just make sure to divide the total water content evenly with between milk and water. Now the total water content in grams is equal to the percentage in this dough due to the fact that we are using 1000g of flour in this recipe. So grab some ingredients and let’s start.
Overnight sweet dough
- 1000 grams normal flour
- 140 grams sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 10 grams salt
- 1 tbs Malt syrup
- 330 grams water
- 330 grams full-fat milk
- Measure up the dry ingredients flour, sugar, dry yeast and salt
- Measure up the wet ingredients into the dry
- Stir it all together
- Let the flour soak up the liquids for about 10 minutes
- Stir ones more and cover with plastic
- Leave to rest for min 12 hours
- Your dough is now ready and you can start baking all kinds of delicious goods!