So, many of you probably have already discovered that brioche is the new kid in class. and no-knead is popular as ever. This can be served in many ways for example plain with strawberry jam in the morning or as buns for those juicy burgers. The key to the good brioche is al the butter that goes into the dough, and in a normal recipe, all this butter actually takes some hardcore kneading. However, you can just as well do this “the no-knead way”. With a bit more patience rather than muscle, you will have great brioche in the morning! So let’s make brioche “the no-knead brioche recipe”.
No knead honey brioche
- Mixing bowl
- small bread tin
- 265 g flour
- 100 g melted butter
- 70 g of water
- 2 eggs
- 60 g honey
- 5 g salt
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- Start by dissolving the honey into the water.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients including the melted butter
- Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients
- Stir well to avoid any lumps
- Cover with plastic and leave to proof for 12 hours at room temperature
- Set the oven to 190 degrees Celcius
- Use small bread forms and add 90 g of dough pr form
- Lett rais for 3-4 hours
- Bake for 14 minutes
- Turn down heat to 160 degrees and bake for another 16 minutes
- let it cool a bit before taking it out f the form
If you prefer a lighter colored brioche you can take it out of the oven before the 16 minutes has passed at 160 degrees. let us know how you like yours!