It’s still January when first writing this post and chances are you are still committed to those weight loss goals or healthier lifestyle goals. In this post, we’re going to teach you how to create simple delicious healthy scones!
Now Norwegians love bread, here it is eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, it can easily become a lot of calories that the body can easily access and, yeah you get the picture. Now a good way to cut down on that bread is to use crispbread instead, we actually got two different recipes here at the moment, and for sure more will come. But Even though it is January to much crispbread can be a bit boring over the long run, so why not try our healthy scones?
These are made with three really protein-rich ingredients, eggs, cottage cheese, and oatmeal. They’ both easy, and quick to make, so this is definitely something you can manage to put together for breakfast on a Saturday morning. In other words, a healthy, fast way to a perfect start of the day.
Healthy, Quick Scones
- Kitchen scale
- Mixing bowl
- Greaseproof paper
- Baking tray
- 300 gr Cottage cheese
- 250 gr Oat flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Handful Hasel nuts
- Set the oven to 220 degrees Celcius, no fan
- Measure out all ingredients into a blender
- Mix everything together until a smooth mass forms
- Place equal amounts onto a greaseproof paper on a baking tray, using two tablespoons
- Chop the nuts with a knife and sprinkle on top of the scones
- Bake for 12 minutes in the middle of the oven
- Serve immediately, while still warm