Elote or Mexican street corn is one of my favorite summer dishes. Up here in Norway, the corn is ready in late Agust beginning of September. Unfortunately, this is a time of the year where the weather is starting to shift for autumn. But every now and then we get some good summer days, and that is why we keep the grill out until the end of September.
This year Heidi and I went to a local farm and picked our own corn, it was a great experience and I sure recommend you to go and get some locally sourced produce, if you can it sure makes the food taste better! After being out picking corn for some hours we found ourselves on our kitchen bench at home with a ton of corn wondering what to make. Well, Elote of course. Elote is Mexican street corn, and as I mentioned above you need your grill. So, invite some friends over grabs some corn and let’s get the party started!
- 1 cob per person as a starter (3 or more if you serve this as a main dish. )
- Ricotta cheese
- Chillie powder
- Lime juice
- Home made mayo
- Fresh coriander leafs
- Start by getting your grill blistering hot and throw the corn on!
- Grill the corn until brown
- Use a knife to smear on some mayo on the whole cob.
- sprinkle ricotta cheese, chili powder and fresh coriander on top.
- finally squeeze some drops of lime over it!