The best yogurt you can find is the one you make your self. Now, a lot of people tell me they have tried this at home but they never get that creamy texture that they are after. Well, I have a secret weapon, and I will share it with you. Dry milk! Yep, that’s it. I use one called “coffee mate”. You will also need a good thermometer. Yogurt is all about temperature. Now that the rabbit is out of the box, let’s start.
Dreamy creamy yogurt
- Sous vide setup
- 2 tbsp unpasteurized yogurt
- 2 l of milk
- 12 tbsp dry milk
- Start by setting your oven to minimum temperature, or as close to 43 degrees Celcius as possible.
- Insert one of your deep oven trays on the lower level of the oven.
- Fill the tray 3/4 full with water.
- Mix the milk and the dry milk in a kettle.
- Heat the milk over medium-high heat until you reach 84 degrees Celsius. It is important that you keep stirring continuously so it doesn’t burn.
- When you reach 84 take the kettle off the heat and into cold water.
- Let it cool until the mix reaches 43 degrees Celsius.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of yogurt. It’s essential that the yogurt is not pasteurized you need those good bacteria to work for you.
- Pour the milk into mason jars, or similar and put the lid on.
- Insert the jars into the oven and let them stay for approximately 7 hours